Robin,

Robin Menneer wrote:

> I've spent all day looking at loading gnuplot and fityk as well as a
> dozen of other curvefitting packages on the web including xplot and
> have found none that are simple enouigh for me to install without my
> risking messing my memory/files up.

What do you mean by these packages messing up your memory/files? I've
installed gnuplot using apt-get install gnuplot without anything being
messed up so far as I can see.

> Has nobody cleaned up a
> curvefiitting program in Ubuntu sufficiently for a thickie to run ?

Have you considered the graphing available to you in OpenOffice
SpreadSheet? It may do something simple to get you going.

Regards,
Tony.
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED], H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold