On 3/5/07, alan c <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have not had any sata hard drives yet at all. My harware is various
> an dusualy a bit old.
>
> What is the situation with sata drives and  installs of (K)Ubuntu? is
> there any kind of complication  or difference from the way ata hard
> drives install? any need for initial install of anything?

I've been using SATA drives since Breezy, but the last two systems
I've built had Intel motherboards. I have heard problems occasionally
with various chipsets. Ironically, I ran into an issue with good-old
IDE in the last system I built last weekend (a dual-core server with a
relatively recent motherboard using the 965 Express chipset), while
the SATA part worked fine. I can't make any promises, but in general
they have worked for me.

-Eamonn