Chris,

Chris Rowson wrote:

> Ah OK - So Canonical doesn't allow derivative works to be made of
> their logo anymore.  That's a shame really, as I think it helps foster
> links between the community and Canonical.
>
> I don't work for Canonical - neither do most of the other members of
> LoCo groups, but I support the work that Canonical does. In my honest
> opinion this should at least be reflected in the merging of canonical
> imagery with community. Forcing a style is a little unpleasant.

Organisations have to be very protective about their trademarks. If they
are allowed to be used freely as is or modified, then they can lose
their trademark status through general usage. The Kleenex company in the
US had this problem many years ago. I think there was a big court case
about it.

Regards,
Tony.
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED], H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold