On 02/05/07, Alan Pope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 12:50:57PM +0100, TheVeech wrote:
> > > [2] http://hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?InfoPoints/FlyerMasters
> > > [3]
> > > http://gllug.org.uk/index.php?/archives/25-Review-Software-Freedom-Day.html
> > > [4] http://misc.allbsd.de/Flyer
> >
> > Will take a good look at this perhaps tomorrow.  Before then, I was
> > confronted by a friend of mine on Monday, saying he'd been told by two
> > of his colleagues that they'd tried Linux and thought it was crap.
> >

> Heh, why is it people feel they can just sweep away thousands of
> applications and a robust kernel with "it's crap". Ok I'll bite.
>
> "I think Windows Vista is crap". There, quote me :)
+1 Vista is crap.  But saying it to someone who has just foot the bill
for a copy will turn people from Linux to protect their investment.

This is where promoting how much the linux apps have come on is
important.  I'm with you popey.  A good well produced piece of
literature is far better accepted than just saying it's good.  I think
aswell it will be a good idea to promote the open cd programs so
people can try them on windows and say "this is good I wonder what the
rest of the software is like?"

--
Seek That Thy Might Know