On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 11:14 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 10:58:47AM +0100, TheVeech wrote:
> > Yes, but maybe it's a case of pooling our talents.  E.g. you're
> > especially good at the narration but, I might be able to help with
> > others on ideas and scripts.  Other people might want to do storyboards,
> > and so on.
> >

> Thank you for the compliment.
>
> I completely agree with you, and we actually have that process in place!
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/Requests has the list of screencasts
> we would like to see made. Many of the linked pages there are blank. That's
> where we need people to fill in ideas, scripts, storyboards as you say.

I've come across this, but didn't think to give any input.  From now,
count me in.  I hope others will think about it, too, because the
potential of the work that could be done here's so far untapped, IMHO.

> In addition we need people to think up more screencasts to make. Of course
> making them is a priority too :)

I did mention looking at the forums to get an idea for what people might
want to know about and what could be simplified through a screencast.
It ain't exactly science, but it's one of the best sources we've got as
far as I can see.

> > I'm not too sure about the different ways of bringing this about, but
> > I'm sold on the idea that these screencasts are important enough to
> > deserve more of my time at least, if what I'm hopeless at can be done by
> > other people.  Maybe this collaborative approach would benefit from the
> > screencasts having its own list/forum, but, again, I'm not too clued up
> > on this.
> >

> We hang around in #ubuntu-doc (the documentation team channel) and on the
> ubuntu-doc mailing list. There doesnt seem to be enough traffic to justify a
> whole list to ourselves, although I have seen some very quiet lists :)

I'll have to try to keep persuading you about this, then!  My guess is
that once we start getting some more projects underway, the traffic for
a list would gradually take care of itself.  Maybe it's a chicken and
egg thing?

> I really appreciate your interest in this project. I value peoples feedback.

Not at all.  I'm surprised that more people on this list haven't shown
an interest.