Hi Andy,

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 11:42:15AM +0100, Andy wrote:
> On 04/06/07, Alan Pope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Did you actually look at the sites I linked to? :)
> >
> > The files are human readable lists of
> >
> > wget http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/foo/bar/baz/package.deb
>
> And how many public machines have you seen with wget on?
> My library certainly doesn't have it, does your local library?

Are you deliberately reading only the first line of all my mails? :)

Saying it's "human readble" does not imply that I am assuming that wget is
on the machines. Merely that if a file consists of a list of wgets then it
is possible to pluck out the URLs.

I never said that wget would be on the machine.

> One question though, if your machine has never been connected to the
> internet how is it going to have a list of packages from
> Multiverse/Universe?

Feisty has multiverse and universe enabled by default, but yes, it would not
have the list of packages, and certainly would not be up to date.

Again, if you read the links I pasted you would see a section about this
under "additional notes". This could be done over dialup.

Cheers,
Al.