I'm not sure if I saw some reference to lengthy booting up times on this
group recently, or did I imagine it?

So far as I'm concerned, since a kernel upgrade about three weeks ago I
am suffering from this symptom.

>From switch on to the drumbeat of the login screen has been taking 4
minutes 18 seconds, including the 10 second countdown for the Grub menu,
although the latest time a few minutes ago was 4'29".  During this time
the orange progress bar stops at the third 'square' from the left and
sits there for 3'4".

Does anyone have any comments to offer?

Cheers,

Keith.

--
Keith Bowerman,
Prestwood, south Staffordshire, England.