On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:56:16 +0100, "Chris Rowson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> As dell are refusing to sell Linux-based computers outside of the US
>> (even the redhat/SLED servers seem to only be sold over there), can
>> someone supply me with contact details (a website will do nicely!) of
>> a company that are preferably based in the UK and supply
>> servers/desktops that will run linux or come pre-installed with Linux?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Matt.
>
> There are a couple in the States, but I don't know of any in the UK
> doing Linux desktop - (perhaps there's a business opportunity in that
> somewhere!) - I'm sure someone will know somewhere though!
>
> What are you off to do then Matt? - You going self-employed like
> LoudMouthMan or have you found yourself a company to work for. (Round
> here there are zero OSS software companies :-( )

I'm officially going to be "Technical Manager" for Cariss (
http://www.cariss.co.uk/ ) dealing with Sales, consultancy and implementation
of CCTV, Desktops, LTSP and similar things for anyone in Thanet/Kent/the wider
world who is interested!

Finally, I'll be able to have Beryl on my work desktop... ;o)

Matt.