Other way round!

It's a "common" trick to fit a EuroPlug into a UK socket. This comes up
when you run short of the appropriate type of kettle lead :-)

The preferred method of doing it is as follows:

- Take N-way mains adaptor
- Remove N-way mains adaptor from mains

- Insert flat-head screwdriver into mains pin on one of the sockets on
the N-way
- This removes the sliding blanking plates from the live and earth pins...
... at which point the Euro-plug fits into the square UK socket with a shove
- Remove screwdriver

- Put N-way mains adaptor back into mains

1: DO NOT DO THIS TO A LIVE SOCKET :-) In fact, don't even do this to a
socket "turned off with switch". You should only ever do it to something
disconnected from the wall.

2: Where possible, use UK plugs! One of the reasons that the UK has so
resisted the Eurosocket is that we have far fewer electrical fires -
because all our plugs and sockets are earthed as standard!

Mark