Matthew Larsen wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Further update on the leaflets
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/Leaflets
>
> I think the leaflet is pretty much complete now, so with the
> communities blessing I would like to declare it as: Ubuntu-UK "Had
> Enough" Leaflet BETA
>
> I think its time to move along with getting the thing finished now, so
> I am proposing there to be a grace period of 2 weeks today before
> declaring it as a final leaflet then moving on to making the other
> leaflets suggested.

Nice leaflet!

'Install' comments:
I am becoming aware from the forum that some newbies and some
established users too are not exactly clear about what the default
initial menu options are for install partitioning for dual boot with
windows. IIRC the option (a?) is 'Take over whole disk'  this *looks*
like a complete erase of windows..... Although I think it then leads
to a windows re-size (7.04). I think either 6.06 or 6.10 or both *did*
actually have a complete windows erase as default (!) because a
cautious newbie I helped mentioned it. I say these things because to a
real newcomer with a windows to keep and worry about such details are
very important.

I expect the leaflet refers to 7.04 (?) and I am not sure as I sit
here exactly what 7.04 says for default and or for guided
partitioning. Maybe someone can help clarify.  In the event the few
install words on the leaflet need to be honed to suit, hopefully not
too vague, and information to assist confidence and reassurance if
possible.

--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391