Hi Alan/Matthew,

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 04:02:02PM +0100, alan c wrote:
> Matthew Larsen wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > Further update on the leaflets
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/Leaflets
> >
> > I think the leaflet is pretty much complete now, so with the
> > communities blessing I would like to declare it as: Ubuntu-UK "Had
> > Enough" Leaflet BETA

Haha. How very web two point oh. Make sure you put a "beta" tag on it
somewhere then, we have the curves and the big icons, that's all that is
needed.

</sarcasm!>

<serious>

Personally I don't like the screenshot of the boot menu. It doesn't serve a
purpose. That space would be better used having a screenshot of something
cool or a picture of the booted live environment with a browser open and a
movie playing whilst the ubiquity installer is installing to the hard disk!
:)

Unlikely that someone would do that of course, but the fact is you _can_
with ubuntu :)

> 'Install' comments:
> I am becoming aware from the forum that some newbies and some
> established users too are not exactly clear about what the default
> initial menu options are for install partitioning for dual boot with
> windows. IIRC the option (a?) is 'Take over whole disk'  this *looks*
> like a complete erase of windows..... Although I think it then leads
> to a windows re-size (7.04). I think either 6.06 or 6.10 or both *did*
> actually have a complete windows erase as default (!) because a
> cautious newbie I helped mentioned it. I say these things because to a
> real newcomer with a windows to keep and worry about such details are
> very important.

Is that really something you'd want to go into on a leaflet..

"Ubuntu is easy to install.. make sure you backup.. if you're using a 6.06
CD this happens.. if 7.04 something else etc etc". I'd keep that to the
documentation on the wiki/help sites.

> I expect the leaflet refers to 7.04 (?) and I am not sure as I sit
> here exactly what 7.04 says for default and or for guided
> partitioning. Maybe someone can help clarify.

I would stick to generalisations. "You can install ubuntu and windows side
by side", "you can resize your existing partition", "you can install over
the top of windows" - all of which are true without going into the minute
detail of how you do it.

Cheers,
Al.