It may be possible to switch between 2 hardware setups, windows does
come with support for it (take for example when you use a laptop with
a port replicator), although I have very little experience in setting
up alternative hardware configs in windows so can't give you much more
info.

You shouldnt get much of a performance hit (if you have the right
hardware/software component you can get close to 90% performance), BUT
you currently are not able to do things like 3D graphics very well and
support for some things may be shoddy (because the VM drivers have to
sit between your hardware and what the VM see's)

I'm suprised you cant get your WM5 dev to sync to Evolution, I dont
have too many probs doing it (Dell Axim x51v, WM5 AO5).

Good luck finding a solution

Regards,

On 13/07/07, Dan Attwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You might want to give some like Virtualbox or Qemu ago as well.
>
> The biggest problem you might have in terms of speed would related to the
> amount of ram you have. XP really wants 512mg to run at a good speed - which
> would leave ubuntu with nothing apart from a sore hard disk as it swaps
> everything.
>
> Having side that if your only running outlook and a sync package you might
> get better mileage.
>
> dan
>
> --
> ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com