Hi all,

A friend of mine, has just moved to Ubuntu, and I've been helping him get fun
stuff like dual-screens working. (He's using a Laptop...)

He had a couple of questions, here are 2 that I'm not sure about, could use
your advise / help!

2) Wine and Launchers
I've installed a program called BibleWorks 4.0, using Wine. It seems to be
working, but I can't create a shortcut to it. Here's the problem:
It's accessible at:
/home/rick/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/BibleWorks 4.0/bworks95.exe
If I open the terminal, go to the "BibleWorks 4.0" directory and then type
"wine bworks95.exe" everything runs perfectly. If, however, I type "wine
/home/rick/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/BibleWorks\ 4.0/bworks95.exe" - there's
a problem.
I think it does begin to launch BibleWorks, but the first thing BibleWorks does
is open a small window claiming not to be able to find the registration files,
and then refusing to go further.
The upshot of this is that I don't know how to create a shortcut/launcher to
let me launch it without having to go through the whole palava of
open-terminal/cd-to-directory/launch-by-hand.
Again not a big deal, but if there's something obvious I'm missing...
(Kirrus - I thought, could make a shell script to do the cd etc.. but there's
got to be a better solution...)

3) mp3 players.
When I used to use Windows, Media Player had this function where you could
change the rate at which you could play back mp3 - eg x1 (ie normal speed), x2
(ie double speed), x1.5, x1.8, etc, etc. I used to use this quite often to
listen to mp3s of talks and sermons - I find I can often cope with listening at
a spead of about x1.5 or x1.8.
I'd like to regain this feature. I guess I could try installing Media Player
under Wine. But I feel like there must be an Open Source solution - and
(philosophically!) I'd be more comfortable going the Open Source route.
I've done some Googling, and searching of Synaptic Package Manager, but to no
available.
Again, not a big deal, but if you have any tips, they would be greatly
received...
(Kirrus - I've recommended he use Audacity for the short-term, though its not
the best for this.)

Any ideas?

Regards,

Kirrus