On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 14:05 +0100, Eddie Armstrong wrote:
> Thanks Gav and Mathew
> If I combine your ideas then I should be covered ?
> Will this get things I have installed from debs or compiled?
> Probably not apps I've downloaded directly (bin or whatever)
> Do you think aptonCD a good idea combined with either/both of the above.
>
> Eddie

This will just restore things installed via apt-get type things,
synaptic, aptitude etc.  Not things installed via source or any other
way.

As to downloaded debs, you may get lucky if they are now in the
repositories.  Hopefully someone will correct me on this one as I'm
still not 100% on the debs system Ubuntu uses.

I don't know what aptonCD is or does, so someone else will have to heop
you there.

  -Gav