So if ubuntu is running at full wouldnt that mean more temps? im showing more
temps in windows idle than i am in ubuntu idle!

Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 13:04:41 +0100From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
Re: [ubuntu-uk] CPU temps
nothing like hands-on testing is there :)

I would agree that I would trust to the BIOS rather than anything else - it may
be that in windows the cpu is being throttled correctly, whereas under Ubuntu
it's ignoring the BIOS settings and running at full-tilt all the time, which is
going to make a significant difference in temps, particularly as when not under
load in windoze my cpu speed throttles back to around 50%. I'm pretty sure
there's a cpu-scaling widget you can stick on your deskbar that will show
whether it's lowering the speed or not...