On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 12:11 +0100, Dougie Richardson wrote:
> > Yep, it's a strange one. People install all sorts of software on
> their
> > Windows machines and yet I bet this wouldn't void the warranty. I'd
> be
> > interested to read the *actual* warranty that came with the machine.
> > Cracked screen hinge or not, I guess if it's in the warranty then
> it's
> > in the warranty.
> >
> > Philip/.
>
> For anyoone in this position, a check with the trading standards
> reveals that while it is legal to put anything you like in a warranty,
> it doesn't mean it's legal to uphold.

The register says PCWorld have confirmed it was an over-critical
employee and it is the policy of PCWorld to support what they have sold
you. PCWorld have also confirmed that they will fix the unit in
question.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09/13/pc_world_linux/

--
Tristan Wibberley

Any opinion expressed is mine (or else I'm playing devils advocate for
the sake of a good argument). My employer had nothing to do with this
communication.