On 17/09/2007, Chris Rowson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Scrase, Eddie wrote:
> > > I'm probably stating the obvious here, but if the two bars are a

With reference to the 2-bars setup, My mother-in-law uses Ubuntu (on
my recommendation!), and the first thing she mentioned when I asked
her how she was finding it (we are talking 6 months ago when I first
got her using it) was how much clearer it was. She likes having the 2
bars. The stuff at the bottom is the stuff she has open, and the stuff
at the top is stuff she can open.

Bit of background, she had a storke at the back end of last year, and
still gets a bit confused with things, so the simpler the better!

She also prefers the gnome-main-menu to the default, but I think that
is because she only uses a half dozen programs, so gnome-main-menu
makes it easy to find them.

--
Steve Garton
http://www.sheepeatingtaz.co.uk