Hi folks,
Every couple of months I return to the disappointing world of video editing on
Linux: I get the latest of each package and watch each one fail to open files
and segfault all over the place. I've tried kino, lives, cinelerra, and
plenty more, the names of which I forget.

Can anyone point me at an up-to-date guide for video editing on Feisty that
they've been able to follow?

My requirements are (I believe) modest:
* trim video clips
* append clips together
* overlay some text titles
* save result

Usually I give up after a few fruitless hours and boot to XP to use Nero
Vision Express which just works.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Man's unique agony as a species consists in his perpetual conflict between
the desire to stand out and the need to blend in.