Hi,

On 30/09/2007, James Dalley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <snip>
> I fail to see what the object of the post is
> and why it is necessary.
> </snip>
>
> As I see it we are not the only ubuntu mailing list/team in the world (+
> canonical employees) and everyone speaking
> to everyone would be a huge mess. So a single point of contact(SPC) between
> these different groups is the best idea, and
> I cannot think of a better way to appoint this SPC than a vote from people
> that know him, even if it is over the 'net.

Indeed, having a team contact is required/encouraged in order to
better interact with the international community. You can read more at
the following pages:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamContact

It's not (necessarily) a position of leadership, that's why the term
"contact" is used.

I think Alan is a good choice.

--
Matthew East