Hi,

On Monday 01 October 2007 20:37:05 Chris Rowson wrote:
> As I'm sure that most of you are aware a discussion has taken place on
> the mailing list as to the legitimacy and accuracy of the PoC election
> process.

<snip>

> The question is quite simply do you want the election to be held
> again, yes or no?

I've not been particularly involved in the Ubuntu-UK team so far, so take my
comments with that in mind, but at the risk of voting for the People's
Popular Front of Judea rather than the Popular Front of the People of Judea,
it seems that if the vote closed earlier than the time it was supposed to,
and it's entirely probable that people would have voted in the evening and
hence changed the (close) result, I think it seems like maybe the only
legitimate option is to run the thing again. I.e: Yes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be annoying, and I'd rather we all just
focused on promoting [X|K|Ed]ubuntu (I notice that the government
certification task is currently unattended, and at uni we have a whole load
of new first years to educate about the joys of free software), but it
strikes me that if we're gonna do the democracy thing, we might as well do it
right.

Thanks for reading,

Pete.