On 30/09/2007, ged <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > The reason I didn't vote was the fact that you had to be registered on
> > Launchpad. I followed the link to join and then thought that I had no
> > right being there. It appeared to be for developers.

I think Launchpad was originally made as a developer tool, but it's
now been extended to other purposes.

> > Then I thought should I be on this list at all ?  Should I ?

Yes, absolutely! It's for discussion about the Ubuntu-UK team, and
Ubuntu use in the UK.
It also seems to be a good place to ask for help if you're having
problems using Ubuntu or one of the variants.

Hope this helps.
Hwyl,
Neil.

Ian Pascoe wrote:
> Hi Jed
>
> In case I missed a response to your questions, apologies up front.
>
> Some of the members on this list may well be developers involved either
> directly or indirectly with Ubuntu, or indeed other projects, but this list
> is not for them as they have their own.  Neither is it solely for use by
> geeks or IT Professionals only.  The sole intent of this list is to help
> Ubuntu users in all it's various flavours, to aid, assist and guide, and
> occasionally to go off topic - perhaps if you think of the list as more of a
> social club with technical expertise thrown in for good measure you'll have
> a better understanding of how I see and treat this list.  Now if that
> approach is wrong I'll step out into the Vortex ....

> PS  Well done Alan to
> ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com
> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/UKTeam/

Ged Byrom wrote:

Just a quick thank you to Neil and Ian for the replies.I will continue to tune
in to this list. I also found kubuntu-users which I hadn't seen before. So I,ve
signed up for that aswell.
I'll go and sign up on launchpad now in case there are any more votes.

Thanks again
              Ged