On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 20:03 +0100, Daniel Lamb wrote:
> Could Ubuntu not develop a more user friendly home server ie just with samba
> and maybe amanada or bacula for backups? Not all the extras.
What I think would be great is if the server just sits there, being
serverish, but you have a graphical manager for almost everything (HTTP,
FTP, SAMBA, DHCP, netboot etc), but this isn't run on the server. It's
run on a client, and this administrator communicates with the server,
sending simple commands, perhaps hell commands over SSH.

Comments?
If people like it, I'll make an LP blueprint.
--
Alec Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>