Hi,

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 20:09 +0100, Alec Wright wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 20:03 +0100, Daniel Lamb wrote:
> > Could Ubuntu not develop a more user friendly home server ie just with samba
> > and maybe amanada or bacula for backups? Not all the extras.
> What I think would be great is if the server just sits there, being
> serverish, but you have a graphical manager for almost everything (HTTP,
> FTP, SAMBA, DHCP, netboot etc), but this isn't run on the server. It's
> run on a client, and this administrator communicates with the server,
> sending simple commands, perhaps hell commands over SSH.
>
> Comments?
> If people like it, I'll make an LP blueprint.

Pretty much already done:-

https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/ubuntu-easy-business-server
https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/ebox

:)

The plan is for Ubuntu to release a server product which achieves many
of the goals for a small office / home office product, with an easy to
use admin tool.

Cheers,
Al.