On 10/17/07, Tony Arnold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Josh,
>
> Maybe you should do an upgrade instead of a re-install? That will keep
> your exiting partitions and all existing user names.
>
> I downloaded the alternate CD and popped it into my running Feisty
> system and clicked on upgrade in the window that popped up.
>
> But there are other ways to do it.
>
> Regards,
> Tony.
> --

Well, I decided to go the upgrade route over the net, and couldn't
then get a graphical login, and X wouldn't start with startx. Which
wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Now just finishing the install
from cd, decided to overwrite whatever the problem was - home folder
is all backed up anyway, so not a problem if it goes tits up again.
The live cd worked fine, so am assuming it will work fine when
installed.

--
Josh Blacker