Tony Scott wrote:
> Click (BBC TV News):
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk92zMa84aU
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/6733501.stm

The bbc click episode is a good one. It introduces Open Source in a
convincing way, and also Ubuntu, followed by the interview with Mark S
and I think it all comes across very well.
The same morning this was broadcast, I was displaying on my Infopoint
table at the local Computer Fair, and several people came to talk and
ask about stuff, specifically mentioning the program. To these people,
I had been invisible in previous months!
If I give a talk to local computer clubs about open source I may often
include some of it to illustrate a point.

Worth noting what might be obvious that:
- News items or journalists items etc are free (to us)
- Learning how to manage 'News', publicity, and how to initiate it, is
a most valuable art, and is something which is worth taking on board.
- However brilliant something is and well proven and reliable and
ongoing - this is not 'News', and since the media is hooked on 'News'
something controversial has to happen to make 'News'
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391