andylockran wrote:
> alan c wrote:
>> Tony Scott wrote:

> Although I love everything about ubuntu - the majority of British
> Consumers won't go out and burn an iso - and the main reason I put this
> isn't because the task itself is difficult - but it's the data
> management.  Where does the users current data end up?
>
> There are hurdles to overcome before reaching the mass-market through
> advertising.  I think we should wait a little while (though let's start
> raising funds now).

About a 'typical' (?)(UK) consumer- we asked a painter/decorator to
give a quote for some house decorating today. Over coffee and initial
business he heard of my interest in open source software. He said he
had just bought a sony laptop which disappointed him because it had
come with vista. A possibly typical new vista user, totally non
technical, but very receptive to
1) finding out or discovering there is an alternative to vista
2) finding a friend (or family member) who will install a dual boot system
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391