I like Ubuntu, I think it is the best distro and the highest quality.

I would also like to see the profile of Ubuntu raised in the market place but
feel there are some issues in Ubuntu that need addressing.

I have attended night school to learn Ubuntu basics but still cannot get my
wireless card to work or print something of any value.  Mandriva has been the
easiest to configure with a wireless card.

Windows, whether we like it or not is simple. I have read all the info in the
Wiki about connecting wirelss cards etc but to no avail. I am doing something
wrong but in the absence of friends etc, how do I resolve this problem ?

I would prefer Ubuntu to resolve the problems of connectivety even if that
means a small charge for each distro to cover the cost of commercial
software.Or maybe reduced charge telephone support for home users.

It does not matter how good the distro is, without the internet, email and
printing, the operating system has little  value.