Sean Miller wrote:
> By the way, for the last year or so I have been running my laptop with
> a PCMCIA wireless card (BT Voyager 1020) because the onboard wireless
> didn't work.
>
> Miraculously one day recently I clicked on the update buttons and the
> onboard now does!  Good old Gutsy!
>
> BT Voyager 1020 is now merrily sitting alone on the table as backup,
> and my laptop is truly integrated once more.
>
> Sean
Without being a pain in the bottom.. I understand the whole Linux
situation very clearly.. but at the end of the day if it doesn't work on
Linux then consumers are going to blame Linux - not the manufacturers.

"The problem with democracy is the majority of people with a vote are
ignorant."  The same is true of computing.

I've 'always' (aside from the first time) chosen wireless cards that are
on the HCL (Hardware Compatibility List) to avoid such problems.  I've
also noted that little tux stickers are starting to appear on devices to
show they're Linux compatible.  It's getting better.

Andy