Hello,
----- "Matthew Macdonald-Wallace" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been reading an article on the beeb about Vint Cerf
> ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7068140.stm ) stating that
> IPv6
> needs to be rolled out soon across major networks.
>
> Is anyone out there using it on their network, or has everyone stuck
> with the tried and tested IPv4?
>
> Just interested in what people think...

Here's my (completly biased, and untrustworthy) opinion:
IPv6 is a can of worms that I really *Don't* want to open.
I'm not even convinced we need it anymore.
They've been saying we're running out of addresses for how long? Most of our
websites are run under one IP address, you don't need an ip-address per website
anymore, and companies don't need class C's for their LAN's with NAT around
now.
(Class C used to be used for internet-connected LANs.)

Have you ever tried to get your head round IPv6? I have... and promptly gave
up. When I have to, I will, but I hope I never have to. Its not that memorable,
or easy...

Kirrus

--
Blog: www.kirrus.co.uk