Daniel Lamb wrote:
> Windows does support IPv6,
>
> When I asked a colleague(who has been working in it for 20+ years) what it
> was used for he explained, basically with nat it is pointless as was said
> before we cant or are unlikely to run out of ip addresses using IPv4.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

Interesting. Does it support it by default? I've always assumed that one
  of the reasons for the lack of uptake was because Windows didn't
support it out of the box.

I've always just assumed that more IPs==better (hence my complete
ignorance on the subject).

I understand how I can run several PCs/toasters/microwaves or websites
on a single box with their own DNS entries, but at some point won't
their be too many boxes for IPs?

Like I said, I don't properly understand networking so if anybody has
any links that I could read then let me know (in a "I've read Wikipedia
and the first few Google hits and also know that my arse isn't connected
to my elbow" kind of way ;))