Hi,

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 09:39 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
> If all else fails, Lidl often do digital satellite kits which can pick
> up the Free to Air channels off the same satellites as what Sky Digital
> use.

I bought one of these, meant for caravans but it is absolutely
outstanding. When my Sky dish broke down for the umpteenth time I used
it connected to the Sky box. I even took the thing out to Iraq with me a
few years back.

It is easy to set up to - You attach a compass device to it and aim it
roughly at the satellite then the box emits a high pitched sound that
gets louder with a good signal so you can position it.

It picks up much more than Astra too, plenty of channels from around the
world.

Cheers,

Dougie Richardson