> Ian Pascoe wrote:
> > Well I cut my teeth on a Model B and the first major enhancement I did to it
> > was .... to add a 5.25" floppy drive.
> Mmm, not sure I should confess to this in a public forum but:
> I also started on a Beeb, had to install the floppy-disc interface one
> chip at a time and installed a word-processor on a ROM (there's flash!).
> No hard drive then!
> And all that 32K of RAM!!!  such luxury.
> Eddie

Meh lightweights....

My first forage into computing in the 1800's was much more hardcore.
You don't know you're born!

I would often be called to the analytical machine late at night,
because a tiny misalignment of a brass cog had caused it to render an
ascii image of her majesty incorrectly (thus greatly angering
subscribers of the then pigeon powered t'internet.....).

Chris