-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mac
Sent: 29 November 2007 17:52
To: British Ubuntu Talk
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] How to fix Gnome problem

Pete / Daniel >>> Thanks for suggestions.  I'm not sure how to get all
the info I need in order to use <dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg>, but
I'll have a search.

Upgrading is why I'm back to Dapper.  In the past, I upgraded
Dapper->Edgy, which was fine.  Edgy->Feisty caused a problem, because
Feisty didn't recognise the CD drive on my Inspiron (a reported kernel
bug), but a kernel downgrade sorted that, and Feisty worked real good.
Then I hopefully upgraded Feisty->Gutsy:  CD drive recognition still
broken, and various other issues;  so had to do a reinstall.  But
couldn't reinstall Feisty (because of the kernel bug);  Edgy not
supported;  so back to Dapper!

If I can't suss the info for the xorg reconfig, I'll just reinstall
Dapper from scratch, I guess.  But does anyone know what keeps telling
me 'Your session has been saved' when I try to log out?  I guess it's
Gnome?  So can I disable it via preferences (where?) or a .conf file
(how?).  Perhaps if I could stop the session save, the log out might
work properly.  :-(

Mac