norman wrote:
> When I switch my computer on the first thing I expect to see is a screen
> about Intel and from which, if I so wish, I can access the bios set up.
> Since installing Edubuntu this does not happen. All I get is a blank
> screen plus an error message complaining about the video support. This
> eventually changes to the usual signing on screen and there are no more
> complaints. When I boot using Windows XP I get the Intel screen as
> expected.
>
> I know that Edubuntu performs as it should and there are no complaints
> but I do like things to be correct. What can I do to try to identify the
> problem and then put it right?
>
> Norman

If this after you select the OS from the Grub boot loader?

I've seen something that might be similar on a Dell system with both
on-board graphics and an ATI video card.  If you plugged the monitor
into the on-board graphics, it would come up with a message about not
being connected to the right graphics card.  Not sure if something like
this is happening?

Does the machine have on-board graphics?

Rob