Pete Stean wrote:
> You're right about the connecting sequence - all things being equal
> "SATA1" (very probably printed next to the connector on the
> motherboard, but you might need a magnifying glass and a torch) will
> be master, however in the BIOS of my motherboard in addition to being
> able to change the sequence of devices to select for boot, once you
> have selected 'HDD' you can *also* change the sequence of the
> connected HDD drives, so on my machine the master could be anything
> from SATA1 to SATA6...

Ah, right.  Like Norman, I'm a bit of an old-timer (/pace/, Norman!),
and was used to setting jumpers on IDE drives for masters and slaves;
so I guess I just transferred this habit to SATA, and assumed it was a
hardware thing there, too.  Never thought of checking for BIOS settings
when the drives were installed!  Doh!

Mac