Chris Rowson wrote:
>> My other half is happy now, because I've decided to go for a cheaper
>> dual core CPU she gets an upgrade too.
>>

>> Rob
>
> Sssssssshhhh.... Don't tell my missus. I haven't upgraded her from a
> pentium III yet :-S
>
> Chris

LOL, well I'm currently using my other half's Celeron D 2.53.  Man it's
slow, even with 1280MB memory, whereas my old Athlon 64 3000+ (2Ghz)
which I'm selling on is running Windows on VMWare on top of Ubuntu 7.10
with the VESA video drivers (stupid VIA on board graphics - yep, I've
tried the OpenChome drivers and the built in via drivers and I can't get
it working).  All thats running fine in 694MB memory.

Rob