----- "Eddie Armstrong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am considering setting up a home server for streaming audio/file
> sharing etc and as a learning environment (for me to learn
> server-related stuff) .
> I have looked on the Ubuntu site but can't find the system
> requirements
> for Ubuntu Server.
> Does anybody know what they are?
> I have an old PIII or I can use a Pentium 4 if necessary.
> I would like to put XFCE on there in case I need a  GUI at some stage
>
> Does this sound reasonable?
> TIA
> Eddie

I've run Ubuntu Server on a PI before, so thats fine!
(Looking at using it as networked file storage box. Unfortunately, the hardware
decided not to play ball, but it ran ok)

XFCE, PIII would work, but I'd recommend using the P4 if you can spare it.
Otherwise, try and use plain Ubuntu Server, without a GUI. You can always ask
here or in IRC for help if you get stuck.

HTH,

Johnathon

--
Blog: http://www.kirrus.co.uk