I'm not sure that argument about games is going to be relevant for
much longer. Developers seem to be prepared to push out buggy rubbish
(Bioshock, Shadow of Chernobyl, LOTR to name a few) which they never
fix (I'm still waiting on patches for all of the above months and
months after release) and when the games do work they require the
latest and greatest hardware to get framerates into double figures
(even with a quad core cpu, Geforce 8800GTX etc, Crysis still runs
like a dog...)

I'm not sure they care about the PC platform or PC gamers any more...

Pete