Hi Joshua,

Joshua Scotton wrote:
> I'm sorry to say that GNUCash is nowhere near an alternative to Sage.
> It is a very good program and can be used for personal or sole trader
> accounts, but it hasn't been any good for my needs when preparing UK
> Limited Company Accounts.
> As I haven't found anything else suitable for accounts on linux I'm
> still having to dual boot my computer into Sage every time I need to
> work on the accounts :(

Have you looked at LedgerSMB[1] at all?  I have to admit that the whole
business of accounting is something of a black art to me, so I wouldn't
know a good accounting package if it slapped me in the face with a
purchase ledger, but many years ago I started a project to create just
such a package to help my wife keep track of her business accounts in
the hope that there would be other people who knew more about accounting
and wanted to scratch that itch.  That didn't really work out for me,
but LedgerSMB (and the project it forked from, SQL-Ledger [2]) looks to
have developed into the project I'd hoped to create.

HTH,

JT

[1] http://www.ledgersmb.org/
[2] http://www.sql-ledger.com/