Hello again,

First off I'd like to thank everyone for the very useful replies - you
help has not gone unnoticed. I've been put in touch with the teacher who
is currently in charge of running some science lectures which have been
running for a while. This would be a very useful link as she has some
experience in organising shows and also it would be an easy way to
attract people to come along and learn about ubuntu.
Unfortunately there are two downfalls. A lot of people have come along
to the science lectures for entertainment, and although I have thought
quite a bit about it, short of concentrating a lot on the games you can
get, there are few ways I can think of of including entertainment.
The second is that it isn't exactly a science show, but I'm sure that
won't make much difference.
Some other good news is that when mentioning the possibility to someone
two nearby ICT technicians overheard and would love to go.
If anyone can think of any ideas of how to make a talk about an
operating system more entertaining, I'd love to hear them. Otherwise,
please keep the great hints coming in.

Thanks again,

Craig.