Sean Miller wrote:
> Couldn't you just uninstall the network drivers?  There must surely be
> network drivers?

Yes, but it'll scream blue murder until someone re-installs them (nag
screens up the wazoo).

A similar but less nag-prone method would be to mark the network
hardware as disabled in Device Manager (again, as administrator, then
only provide the child with a vanilla account). It's not like crippling
MS-Windows is particularly difficult; it is the Perl of breakable
operating systems, there's far more than one way to do it.

With my gateway-and-dns method, you would at least still be able to
access the local Linux fileserver without too much fuss, if you needed
to get the inevitable patches in the months after the game is released.

I feel ashamed to know this much, but my excuse is that I learned it on
Windows 2000 and switched to Ubuntu, missing out Windows XP entirely.

--
Andrew Oakley