On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 6:47 PM, Thomas Ibbotson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> George McLachlan wrote:
>  > I have had hardy running in some shape or form since, well I can't
>  > remember, but one of the early alpha's. Now it has been released all
>  > should be fine and good, but the performance of firefox has dropped like
>  > a stone.
>  >
>  > As I type this it is using 101% of the CPU (dual cores so top doesn't
>  > pick it up correctly) but it almost unusable. Performance was way better
>  > in the earlier releases. Now it brings everything to a halt.
>  >
>  > Has anyone else experienced this. I just wonder if it's because I never
>  > done a clean install of hardy (just kept applying updates)
>  >
>  > George
>  For me firefox frequently "greys out" and I cannot use it for a few
>  seconds until it becomes resposive again. It is very frustrating. I have
>  the problem on both my laptop and desktop. On my laptop I started with a
>  fresh install of Hardy beta and on my desktop I upgraded from Gutsy to
>  Hardy beta.
>
>  Tom

I have been experiencing similar symptoms for the last week or so,
Firefox freezes for a few seconds before responding, seems to happen
more when a new page is rendered. Again, noticed on several systems,
all running various installs of Hardy. Problem is, I can't seem to
replicate as once Firefox has been running for a while the freezes
seem to stop. Hmm.

Philip