Alan Pope wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 00:44 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
>> I have to agree with you on that one.  Maybe it's because new members
>> who come from the world of Windows/Outlook and it's top posting that
>> they just reply with their comments on the top.  I've never understood
>> why Outlook and lots of other e-mail clients do this, I mean, it's not
>> as if in English at least that you read from the bottom up, more top to
>> bottom so it's good to read the original message at the top and then
>> read down to the reply :-)
>
> http://blog.dave.org.uk/2008/05/pointless-battles-for-geeks.html
>
> Worth a read.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Hello,
I agree with the analysis but not with the conclusion. I think it's
totally wrong to give up, because if you think this logic further, where
shall that end or where shall it begin. That leads inevitable to
ignorance. That's surely not want we want, do you? And where ignorance
leads, is, I think, known. Ignorance starts always in small steps and
after a while you have a really worse situation. The worst example is
surely WW2. That all starts with small steps. Surely that's a extreme
example. But I think you get my point.
The society, family, politics or Internet etc. are that what we (the
people) make of it.
My conclusion _never_ give up. Surely that's not easy but where is
written that live is easy.
At the end I would like make a constructive proposal: What if mailing
list owners are founding a association. Something what perhaps were able
to set standards?
Only a idea that springs to my mind. There are surely more possibilities
if one takes some time to think about that subject.
Thanks for the article.

W. Canis