Mac wrote:

> It's a great sum in many countries (though the cost of the sub-notebook
> itself by comparison astronomically huge).  However, whatever the cost,
> Win XP leaves you with less useable storage on the EeePC than GNU/Linux
> does.  And I guess M$ will still struggle with very cheap computing  ;-)

Not to mention the amount of extra junk that has to be installed on
Windows, that's before they start installing trial versions.

At least with Linux these machines can run up to date software, how long
  will Microsoft keep supporting XP for?  I mean I bet it won't be long
before they start making things Vista exclusive like new versions of
Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer and DirectX.

I wonder how well Microsoft will be supporting Windows XP when Windows 7
comes out in a couple of years.

Rob