James Grabham wrote:
> Sooo, 16th birthday a week on Sunday, college starts in Sepember, so I
> want a laptop.
>
> Looking at £300 or less.

If you could manage to stretch your budget just a slight bit more you
could get a Dell Vostro with AMD Mobile Athlon X2 or Turion X2, 2GB Ram,
160GB hard drive, DVD writer and 15.4 inch screen.  Dell are currently
offering free delivery on laptops over £299 + VAT.  I think the one I
spec'd up for a colleague at work was just over £370, I know a tad more
but if you can get it then it's worth it.  I think that had Vista
Business too because he wanted to downgrade to XP Pro.

Otherwise you should be able to get a single core Athlon Vostro for
around £300 I would expect although performance in Vista will be um...
slow. (Although you can upgrade the memory on there which will speed
things up).

Rob