Matt Jones wrote:
> I assume you are talking about the vostro 1000, which is basically a
> black inspiron of a couple of generations ago. The build isn't as good
> as the newer vostro's, as it is essentially a consumer product.  It
> doesn't really fit into the smallish size requirement.
>
> Mj

I think it was an updated model (the Turion one anyway), from what I can
remember not the Vostro 1000.  I recently (well a couple of months ago)
setup a Vostro 1000 with a Sempron 3000 for a friend of my mums.  Not
the best built laptops ever but for about £225 she paid for it it did
the job.  Really does need some more memory than the standard 1GB for
Vista though.

Rob