> Mac wrote:
> > BTW, has anyone else here hit this problem with the upgrade from Gutsy
> > (but 2.6.22-15 rather than 2.6.22-14) hanging at nearly the end of the
> > process while setting locales?
>

> I wouldn't know - I have upgraded from Feisty->Gutsy->Hardy ... I had
> problems after Hardy unfortunately but not a massive one like that which
> you describe. I keep my machine patched so will have been at the tip of
> each release at upgrade time.

About 3 weeks ago I upgraded the Inspiron 1525 from Ubuntu 7.10 to
Ubuntu 8.04 without this problem. My complaint is not that there is a
bug but that there is no obvious warning or help for the non technical
user. Ubuntu is great, it is easy to use and easy to maintain, or is it?
It only needs one bad report, such as my experience, to be publicised
and years of hard work in convincing the sceptics is lost.

Norman