Just for the record, I'm a 28 year woman (my username is BinaryDigit on the
forums) and a HUGE tech geek.  I've always been interested in computers,
electronics, linux, and hardware. I think it's just something that you are
born with...being technically inclined.  I know only 2 girls from college
(Computer Science major) that were really into geek humor and technology,
but I think we're a rare bunch becase it's simply not as common.  I would
hope things change in the future, but I think it's slightly more genetic
than social influence for the reason that girls aren't into tech as men
are.  Just my 2 cents.
Liz

BinaryDigit on UbuntuForums.org
Lizzeh.com