Javad Ayaz wrote:
> I only want to view the channels on my virgin subscription. Not really
> planning on recording anything. I just wana get rid of the tv because
> its taking up space. Im planning on geting a bigger monitor soon so id
> just the monitor as my primary tv viewing method.
In that case, chances are that this will probably work (Hauppage WinTV
Express PCI):

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/48062

If you get something like this to go with it...

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/137225

Then you'll be able to connect the SCART output from the Virgin Media
box to the TV Tuner.

You'll need these cables too for the video and audio...

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/124532 - This will plug into the Line In
on your sound card (usually a blue socket on the back of the PC) and
into the Red/White connectors on the SCART adaptor..

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130888 - One of these will do for the
video, you'll just need to plug one connector (say the red one) into the
yellow socket on the SCART adaptor, and the other end (again red one)
into the yellow input on the TV card.

This will give you stereo audio and a decent (i.e. better than RF)
quality picture.

Then just install something like tvtime to view the TV.  You should get
the sound through your PC speakers.

Rob