Hi

My first post here, but I watch a lot!

I had the same problem with a lock up when the screen saver kicks in, but with
8.04 immediately after using envyng-gtk to install the latest ATI drivers.  Not
only were the drivers no good for 3D but the screensaver problem occured. Maybe
its a driver rather than 8.10 problem?

Regards

Roger Leyland
Les Gets, France

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 09:59:46 +0000
> From: Ken Robson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [ubuntu-uk] Issues after upgrade to 8.10
> To: ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> Did an upgrade to 8.10 from .04, upgrade went fine.
> BUT now when the screensaver kicks in it will not wake up again, the
> screen shows the backdrop but no login or desktop, and keyboard is frozen.
> Only solution so far has been the power button to force a shutdown, so
> system is not halted just not responding to keyboard input, i.e. caps
> lock etc does not work, no CAD.
> Any ideas?

----- End forwarded message -----

Regards